What Comes Around, Goes Around: Back Down Memory Lane

As the end of 2010 quickly approaches, I've found myself in a reflective mood, reviewing not only this year, but the last ten years of my life.  It's my intent to make this decade, a "Decade of Destiny," as Pastor Rick Warren, author of A Purpose Driven Life, so cleverly coined. 

Like Jon B., "Don't Say What You Won't Do"...
Ten years ago, I was sporting Parasucos and halter tops, and was actually averse to wearing skinny jeans again upon their return to the forefront of fashion in 2007/2008.  When my sister asked me if I was going to be rocking skinny jeans then, I told her that I'd "worn them enough in 1997."  When I reconnected with a former beau through the infamous facebook aka "The New Match.com," and needed something to wear on our impending Saturday night date, I conceded defeat and joined the ranks with the purchase of a pair of white skinny jeans from Hudson at Loehmann's.  http://www.hudsonjeans.com/  One of the belt loops were damaged, so I got an additional 10% off and paid less than $80.00.  I've since lost more weight and the jeans are no longer skinny, and the former beau was even more or a jerk than what he was the previous decade, but I'll hold on to them because the boot leg fit will be in once the skinny jean fascination fades.  I pray that I wouldn't have lost weight for the skinnys to have become boot leg, but I think you get the picture :0) 

THE PERFECT STORM
  
This is from a shoot I did in February during the snow storm.  I was channeling my fave Michael Kors spokesmodel, Carmen Kass.  If you've received your insider e-mail from MK, and be sure to spread some holiday cheer and forward it to three(3) friends to that both you and them can receive your complimentary MK cosmetics bag at participating stores on "Black Friday," 11/26. 

'Tis the season!
SPREAD SOME HOLIDAY CHEER WITH MK!

Never Can Say Goodbye, No no no no, I...
I read on fashionista.com where bell-bottoms are rumored to return from Austin Powers' "Shag Me Baby," vault, and headlining in the Spring 2011 fashion shows.  Further south, platforms have returned to the forefront of fashion, journeying all the way from the 1970s. Although, I'm not exactly game for psychadelic neons and goldfish-in-heel shoes, but these Yves Saint Laurent platforms make me want to strap on a bush wig and grab the first Pucci leisure suit I see, and A-B-C, easy as 1-2-3 my way all the way down to 2300 Jackson Street. 
PLATFORM ANKLE BOOT IN METALLIC SUEDE - $765.00
Yves Saint Laurent features a wide selection of platform pumps and ankle boots, ranging from mildly conservative and to overtly adventurous.  http://www.ysl.com/us/en/onlineBoutique/Women/Shoes/Pumps.aspx

There may be a sample sale at Nordstrom Rack with your name on it in the event this price point is too steep for your holiday budget.  If you happen to stop by a location, and see a pair of leopard-print Sam Edelman flats with a butterfly rhinestone detail, scoop 'em up for me, and have Santa stuff them in my stocking.  I do solemnly swear to feign surprise! http://shop.nordstrom.com/c/rack/womens-shoes-slip-on?origin=radio-filter-dropdown 

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Take a trip back down memory lane and check out The Jackson 5 on the Flip Wilson Show:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snihdG1rE0Y

Rest Eternally In Peace, Michael.  We'll Always Love You!

Comments

  1. I've sent the MK message to my friends here. Feel free to pay it forward and spread the holiday cheer. I know MK will thank us :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm mad that I didn't know about your blog before today. I would have loved to receive a complimentary MK cosmetics bag. You also brought back many memories of my parasuco fase lol. I have to add that "The Perfect Storm" is a great photo. Looks like something out of a magazine. Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts