It's Time For Letting Go

Say It Loud!...
I remember singing this song with my beloved friend from Capetown, South Africa, years ago.  As we prepared for the dinner party she was hosting--I was on crostini duty, we yelled its lyrics at the top of our lungs.  I grew up fascinated with Tina Turner, and to hear her long-awaited comeback with such powerful lyrics, drenched with forgiveness, strength and personal freedom just resonated within me, yet at the time, I hadn't a clue just how intense the reverberation would become.

It's Time for Letting Go...
Shortly after our living room-sing-along-session, I was "laid-off"--corp-speak for "terminated"--from my job.  Although I absolutely loathed the work, that $50K-plus job meant so much to me, because it represented that I was "going places," and "establishing myself in the world."  I didn't recognize it then, but it was long since "time for letting go," and Life was forcing me to grow.  It was now time to open my heart, open my mind, and be receptive to new ways of thinking, yet all I could do was point and click my way on Monster.com (et al job posting websites, a la Dice.com) in desperation, fiending for my next $50K-plus fix.

Shake 'Em Up, Shake 'Em Up, Shake 'Em Up, Shake 'Em...
In many ways, the monster was me, as my ego-driven life had driven me far from my passions and my purpose.  I began to believe that the dice of my life had been rolled, and kept coming up, "craps," instead of "Snake Eyes."

Slithering & Still "Winning"...
Speaking of snakes, python is all the rave this season.  Any one of Michael Kors' selection of python clutches and envelopes is sure to have you slither into the spotlight, for a cool two hundred bucks.  For the tech savvy, drag-and-drop an iPhone wristlet or iPad case in your cart, and run your world on-the-go.  And yes, there's a proverbial app for that, too.  Download the apple store app and you're just a few clicks and an $80.00 card-swipe away!

Eco-Friendly & Fashion Forward...
In the event:


(A) Clutch purses and a wristlet are too cumbersome for your taste, and especially, if, like me, you're perpetually prone to losing strapless items--please note, Bras don't count for this post (wink, wink),

OR 


(B) The thought of wearing snakeskin makes you coil, and grab your iPhone, and get PETA on speed dial to report that MK iPhone case,

Go With Plan (C): Opt-out for a cute cuff to tide over your fashion fix. You can "stretch those bills," at Forman Mills, and accent your look by copping a rhinestone bedazzled, python-printed cuff for a very eco-chic, $3.99.

Another Day At the Mills...
Stay tuned for my fashion expose' on Forman Mills, as I put myself to the test, and design on a dime--better yet, "Jet-set on a Jackson" ($20.00) as a "Formanista," and see if I can stretch my bill to create an outfit that will take me straight from work to the wine bar for happy hour during DC Wine Week--October 15th thru the 22nd (@DCWineWeek on twitter), and then off to dinner by candlelight with a brand-new beau.  I have a feeling Andrew will be begging for mercy when I'm through stretching him out--Jackson not the beau, lol. ;)

Stretching Out...
Andrew isn't the only stretching out, as I'm taking the next step in my "Walk of Faith," and beginning a travel blog that connects culture with Christianity and spiritual insight.  I hope you join me as I take the next step "Stretch Out On His Word."



Point & Click,
Emteezy1

Comments

  1. love it! Cant wait to travel with you

    ReplyDelete
  2. :0) Thanks Ms. Circa Fashion. It's high time we get our Frank Sinatra on and "Fly Me to the Moon." That song was on repeat during our trip to the isles. We need a re-up, quick fast. #journeys

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts