When They Reminisce Over You: Parisians

Don't Look So Sad, I Know It's Over...
I connected with a very old and dear friend this afternoon, and we took a trip back down memory lane--bedecked with receipts from our shopping excursions.  While Jamie Foxx and Al Pacino starred in "Any Given Sunday," in 1999, and she and I were headlining in the reality-series spin off,  "Any Given Payday: Tear The Mall UP"  We kicked it in Georgia & Tennessee.  I collected many an overdraft fee in Louisiana.  The Eastern Seaboard is still recovering from our masterful VISA swipes. #firstcutisthedeepest  #babyiknow



Doubting Thomasina...

I had a habit of setting my intention for the day saying, "I think I'll get a stereo today."  To which, my dear friend would say, "You ain't gettin no stereo."  Sure enough, by the time we clinked our glasses together at our favorite Sunday-dinner spot, Semolina (semolina.com),  I had a brand new stereo system, and had even convinced her to upgrade the stereo system in her car.  Talk about the gift of gab, eh?
  
One particular day, I awoke with the desire for a new black leather jacket.  My dear friend, of course, replied in kind saying, "You ain't getting no leather jacket," when I shared my intention-of-the-day with her.  Despite having seen me in action, she still didn't believe.  Her penchant for disbelief wasn't entirely displaced, simply because the weather in Baton Rouge, LA just isn't conducive for leather.  So a black leather jacket is a lot like seeing a white unicorn clopping down the center of Canal Street in the French Quarter--sans any mind-altering drugs or gallons of slushed Hurricane concoctions.  Little did I know, my white unicorn would soon become a winged pegasus upon entering the Mall of Louisiana's Parisians.  This was our fave spot and fashion-maven-discount-haven in Baton Rouge.  The brand has since died and gone to Belk heaven (belk.com). #momentofsilence





The Village Of Rochester Hills - Walton & Adams Road
The Village At Rochester Hills 





Law Of Attraction...
My white, winged pegasus spread its lovely wings had a siren's song, as it drew me to its 2nd floor, where I was lead to my new, butter-soft, black leather jacket.  The retail price was listed at $289.00, and I copped for less than eighty dollars!  When I saw an MCM bag--about which my dear friend promptly laughed me to scorn, I through that in for general purposes, because it brought me back to my feel-good days of hip-hop when Salt 'N Pepa reigned supreme with their cutout jeans "shakin their thang."  #dowhatchuwannadowitit  The bag possessed such a psychic value, I could resist--especially with the $200 savings I incurred from purchasing my leather.  I wanted an MCM bag during the height of its popularity in the late 80s and early 90s, but my parents were not spending that kind of money on a drawstring bucket bag...and I can't say I blame them.  Car note, insurance and provisions for groceries vs. buying our daughter a bag the hustlers' girlfriends in the neighborhood carry?  Yeah, that's a real toss up. LOL!  As fate would have it, the MCM luxury brand is making its journey back to the forefront of fashion.  I've seen a few reminders advertisements in a couple of fashion magazines I subscribe to.  The black butter soft leather is still in my stacks, and I've had my white unicorn  jacket since 1999, so that equates to less than $7.00 per year.  I don't think even Value Village Thrift Store (valuevillage.com) can beat those prices!  

The End Is Just A New Beginning...
Parisians became a part of the Belk family in 2006, assuming its name in 2007.  The savings still continue.  Belk's winter clearance features items for up to 75% off the retail price.  There are a pair of Vince Camuto four-inch leather, peep-toe dress Oxfords, "Neven," on sale for $90.30, reduced from $129.00, certainly worth taking a gander at and adding to your online cart.  

Neventh Wonder of the World:  Vince Camuto's Neven
129.00 90.30

In the event that stilettos are giving your peds the winter blues, take a load off with a pair of Sam Edelman flats and think of those dog days of summer.  There'll be back before you know it!


Lions and Capers and Rhinestones, Oh My!:  Sam Edelman Caper Ballerina Flats
$99.00 $69.30

As I reminisce on the love we had for Parisians, Baton Rouge, New Orleans and the great State of Louisiana, I'm reminded by Al Green that "life goes on, and this world keeps on turnin."  

To both Parisians and my very old, very dear friend, this one's for you:  FOR THE GOOD TIMES *clink*

Comments

  1. LOL!! I am still amazed at all the deals Parisians had to offer. They had a great buyer. You are right about MCM, it is coming back. I still have my Sharif bag. I read they sell now on HSN.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm shocked to hear about the MCM brand coming back in rotation. I had a few coming up. I still have one clutch that I just couldn't part with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ circafashion.com, Parisians was the spot! OMG @ THE Sharif bag. That brand has become a bit of a rareity to me. My grandma used to rock the mess outta them to church each Sunday. She bought me a rainbow brite one when I was in 8th grade I wish I still had #instant #vintage

    @ Head Beauty, can you shoot us a pic of you and your MCM clutch? I would love to see it in action. Wuuuuuuuurk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Http://treasuredspotbookreviews.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts