Cray-zeeee. Derrrr-Rannnged


On Her:  Donna Ricco Floral Printed Sheath
Photographer:  Doris Alston

"HEART STRINGS," a short story 
by Emteezy

Hidden From View
"One-and-two-and-three-and-four-and,"she strode up the stairs to his apartment, seeming to glide, tears welling in my eyes as I watched how desperate he was to keep time.  This beguiling temptress had enchanted him, and he was rendered powerless to strive against the feminine power imbedded in her tresses, radiating from the invitation of her warm eyes, and the hypnotic, syncopated rhythm of her swaying hips.  I didn't think it was humanly possible to watch the breaking of a heart.  I needed to dial 9-1-1 to report a real-time crime of passion, framing and detailing a picture for the dutiful officer as both witness and victim, yet I was paralyzed, mine eyes transfixed upon my him...with her.  I could see them, but they couldn't see me.

Flashback
My mind's eye replayed our chance meeting, our first conversation replaying in my ears.  We talked until dawn, and I'd swooned long before, somewhere in the first hour, between the relaying of my dreams and the future we could build together, beset with a starry-eyed glaze, relishing the way the sound of my name emanated from his soul.  He needed me to love him, to show him the way.  How eager I was to place my pearls of wisdom about his neck, and crown him with my love.

Spotted
I couldn't just let her go upstairs and be with my man, amongst the sea of memories we'd created together in that space.  That was MY space, not hers.  She wasn't the one that sliced his ham and cheese sandwiches into triangles because he had a "thing" against squares.  She didn't know about the painful inscriptions upon the cavern of his heart, nor would I allow her to discover them.  I pulled on those bars with all my might,  knowing that with each tug--"I told you don't come around here no more!" screamed Shane.  "You know I got a girl.  You and me? We done.  We been done."

Baby Ga-Ga
'But, baby, I--" I countered.

"Baby, I nothing!  Now take yeass on home before you wake up my girl," Shane demanded.

The thought of her sleeping in my bed, next to my man--touching him, kissing him, sleeping in my place, was nothing shy of maddening, and I knew I had to do something--say something.  This little I-have-moved-on shenanigan of his had lasted long enough, so I prayed a prayer of forgiveness, and, well, lied.

"Shane, you're going to be a Daddy."

She might have had those sexy hips that swayed, but you're gonna need more than hips when you're up against the machinations of The Puppet Master.

NOTE:  This story is entirely fictional.

Point & Click,
Emteezy

Man or woman, boy or girl, be careful out here!  It's Maneaters On the prowl!











Comments

  1. Thanks 1 Ms H.B.I.C.! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I want to incorporate this and wanted to test it first. Thank you for the encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts