Better Than Pedis: Therapy For The Sole

Prom Promise...
I was introduced to DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse) at the tender age of 16, and have had some wonderful times there.  I even scored my white patent-leather stilettos for my prom.  I wish they had a prom date section, because I'm sure their selection would've trumped the one I took to mine. He neither brought a corsage to adorn my arm, nor did he open the door for me to get in the car.  It wouldn't have been so bad if he hadn't parked beside a tree.  I had to shimmy between the tree and the passenger-side door, only to slide in.  Luckily, my white patent-leather heels went unscathed and didn't feature black scuff marks from that feat.

Mona Lisa, Smile...
Shoes have a way of cheering me up no matter what.  When I was dating a totally toxic ex-faux-beau, and the funds were low until I received the next cash infusion on a pay Friday, I'd just go try on shoes at friendly-neighborhood Loehmann's to feel better. The soft caress of the straps around my ankle and the length of my foot, restored the femininity that had been so worn by that temporary-and-completely-imaginary love.  Seeing how sexy I looked and felt in those heels worked...perhaps a little too well, because when that pay Friday arrived at long last, my pockets were like rabbit ears by Monday from my purchases during my self-medicated rehabilitation process.  Retail therapy truly works for ailments of the heart.

Torn In Between The Two...
I've had the most overall success at the DSW in Montgomery County, right around the corner from Westfield's Montgomery Mall.  Yet, the last time I was there, I was torn between practicality and fine art--putting the $25.00 gift card my mom gave me toward the purchase of some sassy, black suede Guess peep-toed pumps for $50.00 or a pair of twin strapped, black-and-white Sergio Rossi open-toed stiletto heels, discounted to $140 with the clearance reduction. 

The latter had "Divatude," written all over them.  I sat with both boxes on either side of me, wondering if the seemingly wonderful discovery I'd made in the Clearance aisle was more of a curse because once again, I was in need of another cash infusion and it was quite few days before payday.  Despite my whimsical nature, I opted for the practicality of the Guess pumps.  I'm still haunted by the sleek touch of the dual straps and the wonderfully-sculpted heels.  The Guess pumps have certainly served me well.  The calf-action the boost of that three-inch heel, is enough to make even Reese Witherspoon want to revist her Bend & Snap! 

Not Just Brick & Mortar...
DSW now has an online store, and there are some serious steals & deals.  I recently saw a pair of wedding shoes in person that a facebook friend found for a mere $13.00.  http://www.dsw.com/womens-shoes/

Loehmann's has an online presence, yet we're not yet able to make purchases.  No biggie, I could use a little detox try-on session with some OTKs and winter sandals in the sample sale section, all the while thanking God for blessing me with a size 7 and/or 7.5 foot, and cop some discounted Dolce & Gabana intimates in the process. 
http://www.loehmanns.com/

Point & Click,
Emteezy

Comments

  1. I have three words: amazon, Amazon, AMAZON! At the change of the fashion season there are DEALS to be HAD!! Plus if you're a screen shopper you can place stuff in your cart and get notified if the prices fluctuate.
    Amazon. Because sometimes you need emergency therapy at 3am. :-)

    Love that you're blogging! Don't stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. retail therapy is a gift and a curse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nike! Thanks for the VOC!:0) Ironically, I discovered that Google makes wish lists yesterday . I took a click and ended up on amazon.com. I saw a canary yellow diamond-to-die-for that caught my attention. I've nver bought anything from amz aside from books though. Especially on my 2002 Robert Kiyosaki binge. I will definitely deliberately click my way to amazon.com and take advantage of these highly-touted steals and deals. I hope there's a vintage Louis in my future with amz.

    Chloe', your perception of retail therapy is really thought provoking. Do you mean the curse is what caused you to need the retail therapy in the first place or the effect it has on your disposable funding source? Do tell.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts