I Wanna Go Outside, In the Rain...

Come On Baby, Let's Go Get Wet...
That was the ultimate line at the end of New Edition's, "Can You Stand The Rain?" the Johnny Gill Years.  I remember my friends' red rainboots and slick yellow raincoats with the silver clasps to protect them in elementary school, and how cumbersome and uncomfortable it looked to be in the entire get up. 


I quite preferred the freedom my vinyl poncho offered me, with its unrestricted sleeves for two reasons, (1)  my dad had gotten it for me, and (2) it conjured up the fond memory of our priceless fishing excursions with each wear.  Although I'm sure I looked completely ridiculous in an adult poncho as a nine year-old, I felt rather adventurous, like a female Jacques Cousteau  :0)


Y'All Come Back Now, Ya Hear?...
When the rain comes, typically the phrase is "rain, rain, go away, come again, another day," but with the release of Jimmy Choo's Hunter crocodile-embossed rainboots, you'll want to stomp to the death, come rain, sleet or snow to your next destination (camouflage and heavy artillery not included).


You can cop these outright online at jimmy choo and learn more about the inspiration for this limited edtion here,  http://www.jimmychoo.com/collections/hunter/icat/hunterus/ for $455.00 and also on Nordstrom.com http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3027153?origin=PredictiveSearch&resultback=368 for $425.  The petites are $395.00.

You can still be fab at another price point with Michael Antonio with his crocodile-embossed Nancie boot for $29.00 at online designer discount  retailer, Beyond The Rack.  The beauty of Beyond The Rack is that upon sending your friends an invitation, you receive a $10.00 credit, AND whenever they make a purchase another $10 is added to your account.  I've got a cool twenty in the stash, so Nancie's mine for only $9.00!  Sign up and enter the showcase http://www.beyondtherack.com/event/showcase/13830This store just opened at 11A and is only open for three(3) days until November 7th. 


Take A Trip Back Down Memory Lane with New Edition and tell me, "Can You Stand The Rain?"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7flrKMGfwjw&ob=av2e

Point & Click,
Emteezy1

Comments

Popular Posts