Penn Quarter for a Fraction of The Price

THE NEW MATH...
When I was a little girl, still in elementary school, and needed help with my math homework, I'd ask my grandmother.  I loved and understood addition and multiplication with relative ease, yet division and subtraction were entirely too perplexing for me.  When I got to fractions, I was at a loss.  I had to perform all of the operations with them, and was extremely vexed.  I turned to my grandmother for help.  She was such a whiz with cooking--measuring water for the delicious collard greens and snapping string beans with such precision,  baking--setting aside extra flour, eggs and butter to bake two cakes for my cousin and I aside from the ones she was baking for payment, and braiding my hair into four sections with such accuracy with her rattail comb and greasing each partition with her index finger, I was confident she'd aide me in the successful defeat of my archrival and present nemesis: Finding The Common Denominator. 

I asked her, and I'll never forget the look on her face when she took my pencil and turned the perforated page sideways saying, "That's that new math.  I don't know nothing about that."  I resolved to wait until my dad came to pick me up and would solicit his scientific mind--that oft made things more complex than need be--to defeat my enemy.

My relationship with fractions has since changed into a symbiotic frienship with the discovery of bloomspot.com.  This website http://www.bloomspot.com/washington-dc features luxe deals in various  metropolitan cities for a fraction of the price.  Today, bloomspot features a 4-course cheese, dessert, and bubbly tasting experience for two for a mere fifty bucks at the very chic Co Co Sala in DC's Penn Quarter.  The beauty is that the value is $90.00. That's nearly 45% off the retail price and one great opportunity!  My math has grown considerably since those days--having spent a considerable amount of time growing up in the Just Reduced section at Nordstrom and whipping out my calculator to determine the correct price with the 50% reduction and added sales tax.  This deal is great for an intimate date with a beau or catching up with your fave gal-pal and celebrating another milestone in your lifelong friendship.

Right around the corner, also in Penn Quarter, H&M & Lanvin have teamed up to produce a simply wonderful and extremely affordable first collection.  Last year, H&M forged a power couple partnership with Jimmy Choo, rendering beautiful animalskin clutches and signature stilettos under $100.00.  Click here to witness ten looks of loveliness from the Lanvin & H&M collaboration:  http://fashionista.com/2010/11/top-ten-looks-from-the-lanvin/.


Point and Click,
Emteezy

P.S.  On fashionista.com, be sure to click you way to the Vera Wang & Marc Jacobs fragrance giveaway on fashionista.com, by 5P on Monday, November 8th.  If you win, be sure to spray a tenth of that Marc Jacobs Lola eau de parfum my way.  I'll be sure to do the same.  After all, "Whatever Lola Wants, Lola Gets," so it's definitely worth a fraction of your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-g5YNPzr8NM

Comments

Popular Posts