The Elements of Style

Creation...
I purchased Strunk & White's book, "The Elements of Style," in 2006, in preparation for a permanent role I'd set my sights on at the four-month temporary assignment I'd been working that year.  This book is the premier guide on literary rules for writing composition.  The role was as an Editor, and although I didn't study English in college, I wasn't going to allow that to discourage me.  When one of the female employees discovered that I was up for an interview, she sarcastically inquired about my skill set, asking, "Do you have the background for that, Melody?"  She wasn't exactly making an appearance on the interview panel, and I wondered what curious thought, motivated by either envy or superiority--had seized her mind to make her think she had any authority to question me about my ability.  I'm creative and quick-witted, and was unafraid to challenge myself, and explore the unknown.  Funny how I "didn't have the background," for the role she was playing at that wonderful charity, yet I managed to help her with her work #go_figure  

Evolution...
I didn't land the role, and I hadn't touched the book in nearly five years, until Tuesday.  The do's and don'ts of literature seemed so out-of-touch with the world in which we live.  In 1869, a blogosphere was quite a few inventions away.  I will give Strunk & White credit for developing an awesome title for a series of fashion encyclopedias.  The Elements of Style are different for the chic bohemian, the suburbanista soccer mom, and the femme fatale.  It's peasant skirts and bejeweled flip-flops for the former, and sexy little black dress for cocktails parties--complete with a nude strapless bra and Spanx for impeccable shaping and support, for the latter.  #suck_it_in_for_the_camera

Connection...
Using your (primitive) e-mail address, you can subscribe to DealPulp cop a pair of Spanx for 10% off, and score discounts for other ready-to-wear brands like American Apparel, Banana Republic and bebe. I'm using the one for American Apparel to bulk up my swimwear selection.  I plan to serve it up white hot--complete with cutouts included during my summer vacation this year.  Living Social has stepped up their game, and now offers travel deals to subscribers.  For just $315.00 you and your beau can steal away to Cancun, and cuddle at the Bel Air Hotel Collection Hotel & Spa.  There's even a 20% discount on spa services, to boot.  Although a bottle of sparkling wine is included, you'll have to supply your own protection--sunscreen, too. ;0)

Bon Voyage!

The Elements, "Earth, Wind & Fire," with their ethereal band and sophisticated sound are sure to motivate you as you make preparations for your beach Fantasy with your beau.  Enjoy!



Point & Click,
Emteezy


Comments

  1. Wonderful post. You also have a great taste in music. Something else we have in common. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts